Machine Learning Engineer
About the job
At HubX we build mobile apps, used and loved by millions all around the world.
We have a track record of building and growing mobile apps on various verticals that reached over 100 million users across 6 continents and 160 countries.
We are looking for a talented “Machine Learning Engineer” to join our energetic and highly motivated team.
As a talented “Machine Learning Engineer” you’d probably land an interview with many companies if you wanted to, so why choose us?
First, we offer you an opportunity to make a huge impact in the lives of millions of users through our products, and even the mobile app industry at large in the next years to come.
Second, we are pioneers in our market to offer USD indexed salary so, no matter what's happening in your national economy, it is our responsibility to make sure that your global purchasing power and life standards stay the same, or only go up.
Some of your responsibilities
- Development of efficient mobile and web models
- Prototyping algorithms and applications in Python, C/C++
- Understanding the constraints of mobile and web systems and use that understanding to deliver feasible and efficient algorithms
- Identifying areas of differentiation and innovation around the mobile camera by leveraging new and existing AI, vision, and deep learning algorithms and vision-based user interfaces
- Deployment and maintenance of ML models on the web and mobile devices securely
- Developing computer vision and machine learning technologies for prototyping and deployment on cloud, mobile devices, and web
- Bringing machine learning models developed in PyTorch, Keras, Tensorflow and/or others from large-scale application to production
- Development of visual ml models like Semantic segmentation, Landmark detection, and object detection
- Productizing the CV/ML algorithms into product features, with support and guidance from other system engineering teams
What we look for
- 5+ years of total work experience or Ph.D., MSc in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering with 2+ years of experience
- Understanding of mathematical optimization and underlying implementation of modern neural network architectures
- Strong math and research experience in computer vision, computer graphics, machine vision, or image/video processing
- Extensive experience in one or more deep learning frameworks
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: object detection/recognition/tracking, 3D vision, deep learning/CNN, semantic segmentation, GAN, optical flow/depth estimation, camera calibration, registration/reconstruction/modeling
- Experience in implementing efficient algorithms for CPU and GPU
- Experience in Python, OpenCV
- Experience in Keras/TensorFlow or Pytorch
The benefits of working with us
We would like you to focus on what you do best, we take care of the rest.
- Huge impact: Your work can seriously impact our millions of users, and even the mobile app industry at large in the next years to come.
- USD indexed salary: HubX operates globally. So, no matter what's happening in your national economy, it is our responsibility to make sure that your global purchasing power stays the same, or only goes up.
- A competitive compensation package: Our total compensation package is very competitive, and can grow rapidly depending on your growth and contribution to the company.
- An unique and top-notch office: Our well-designed office is in the tallest building of Izmir. Every day, you can enjoy the sunset over The Gulf of Izmir without leaving your deck.
- Our HQ Location: You can come to our office or work wherever you want. If you choose the on-site option, keep in mind that it’s still fine to sometimes work remotely.
- Unlimited coffee & green smoothies from XPresso: We’ve built our own coffee shop inside our office so you can grab your coffee from XPresso and start your day off on the right foot.
- Opportunity to take responsibility from day one: No one will micromanage you. Together with your team, you’ll be free to choose a direction, test, fail, and test the next idea.
- Flexible schedule: Our regular hours are 9-6 GMT+3, but this isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. You’re fully trusted to create the right conditions for your own personal peak productivity.
- Continuous education: The more you want to improve your knowledge, the more we support you!
- Strong company culture: Open communication & teamwork
- Private Medical Insurance: We go above and beyond for your health — therefore, we got you covered from day one by private medical insurance.
- Gym Reimbursement: We provide free annual gym membership because we want you to be in tiptop shape psychically and mentally.
- A brand new Macbook
Great Place to Work, 2022
The company culture we're trying to cultivate by utilizing the harmony of meaningful work and productivity has awarded us as "One the best places to work in Turkey". Please welcome our first: "GPTW Certificate!"
Let's talk about your experience & expectations. What can we achieve together?
We might send you a task to solve and you will meet with a future teammate to go over the case.
A final interview with the executive team to see if we're all on the same page
You are now part of the team! Let’s celebrate it together.