Senior Machine Learning Engineer
About the job
At HubX we build mobile apps, used and loved by millions all around the world.
We have a track record of building and growing mobile apps on various verticals that reached over 100 million users across 6 continents and 160 countries.
We are looking for a talented “Senior Machine Learning Engineer” to join our energetic and highly motivated team.
As a talented “Senior Machine Learning Engineer” you’d probably land an interview with many companies if you wanted to, so why choose us?
First, we offer you an opportunity to make a huge impact in the lives of millions of users through our products, and even the mobile app industry at large in the next years to come.
Second, we are pioneers in our market to offer USD indexed salary so, no matter what's happening in your national economy, it is our responsibility to make sure that your global purchasing power and life standards stay the same, or only go up.
Some of your responsibilities
- Create and validate deep learning models leading to successful mobile products
- Conduct state-of-the-art deep learning research
- Optimize deep neural networks and the associated pre-processing / post-processing code to run efficiently on cloud or mobile systems
- Provide technical analysis and research for new solutions
- Keep in track with newly published articles and trends on ML/CV areas and keep our team up-to-date
What we look for
- Relevant background or expertise. You hold an MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, or a related technical field. Alternatively, you have relevant expertise
- Excellent knowledge and practical skills in ML - Computer Vision
- 4+ years of experience in developing and implementing high-quality computer vision algorithms, which are optimized for use in production environments
- -Experience with relevant deep learning software packages (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Relevant knowledge. For senior roles, you’re familiar with Deep Learning and convolutional neural networks (ideally, in their application to image and video processing)
- Fluency in Python
- Hands on experience with GAN models
- Experience with relevant computer vision libraries (OpenCV, Numpy, Pillow, etc.)
- Passion for the topic. You have a long-standing, proven passion for AI in general. Ideally, for Computer Vision specifically
- Good communication skills. You can pose questions with clarity, explain your reasoning concisely, pick the right graph to express a message, and create brief, insightful reports with a touch of artistry
- Proficiency in English. You read, write, and speak proficiently in English
Nice to Have:
- Hands on experience with distributing models/artifacts through cloud systems
- Hands on experience with turning state-of-the-art models into blazing fast and smaller versions which can be distributed on devices, or on cloud
- Tendency to follow new trends in text-to-image generation models (stable diffusion models, etc.)
The benefits of working with us
We would like you to focus on what you do best, we take care of the rest.
- Huge impact: Your work can seriously impact our millions of users, and even the mobile app industry at large in the next years to come.
- USD indexed salary: HubX operates globally. So, no matter what's happening in your national economy, it is our responsibility to make sure that your global purchasing power stays the same, or only goes up.
- A competitive compensation package: Our total compensation package is very competitive, and can grow rapidly depending on your growth and contribution to the company.
- An unique and top-notch office: Our well-designed office is in the tallest building of Izmir. Every day, you can enjoy the sunset over The Gulf of Izmir without leaving your deck.
- Our HQ Location: You can come to our office or work wherever you want. If you choose the on-site option, keep in mind that it’s still fine to sometimes work remotely.
- Unlimited coffee & green smoothies from XPresso: We’ve built our own coffee shop inside our office so you can grab your coffee from XPresso and start your day off on the right foot.
- Opportunity to take responsibility from day one: No one will micromanage you. Together with your team, you’ll be free to choose a direction, test, fail, and test the next idea.
- Flexible schedule: Our regular hours are 9-6 GMT+3, but this isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. You’re fully trusted to create the right conditions for your own personal peak productivity.
- Continuous education: The more you want to improve your knowledge, the more we support you!
- Strong company culture: Open communication & teamwork
- Private Medical Insurance: We go above and beyond for your health — therefore, we got you covered from day one by private medical insurance.
- Gym Reimbursement: We provide free annual gym membership because we want you to be in tiptop shape psychically and mentally.
- A brand new Macbook
Great Place to Work, 2022
The company culture we're trying to cultivate by utilizing the harmony of meaningful work and productivity has awarded us as "One the best places to work in Turkey". Please welcome our first: "GPTW Certificate!"
Let's talk about your experience & expectations. What can we achieve together?
We might send you a task to solve and you will meet with a future teammate to go over the case.
A final interview with the executive team to see if we're all on the same page
You are now part of the team! Let’s celebrate it together.